Christmasaurus Release! 🙂
Here at RMR, we LOVE Tom and Giovanna Fletcher – I am massive fans both of the music, the books (his and hers!) and of course the amazing time lapse videos that bring a tear to my eye every time I watch them (on repeat)!
Having previous read all of Tom’s ‘Dinosaur that Pooped series we were really excited when Tom shared his sneak peak update earlier in the year, outlining his plans for a Christmas book – his first novel – along with another catchy song and hilariously funny video – If you missed it check it out here – but beware – you’ll be singing “Ho Ho Ho Hope its Santa Claus from now until December” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2LPzNWYXU
A few months back on Facebook Live, Tom marked the half way to Christmas point by confirming that The Christmasaurus book is officially released on the 6th October – It is now available to order here – Christmasaurus*, and has already jumped to the number one bestseller spot for Children’s Books.
So what’s it all about, and what did we learn from the live chat (apart from the fact that Tom really is the coolest Dad alive, and that Buzz has a giant Buzz Lightyear car in his living room!)
- The Christmasaurus is a story about a boy named William Trundle, and a dinosaur, the Christmasaurus. Judging by the cover illustration he is super cute!
- The story is about how William and the Christmasaurus meet one Christmas Eve and have a magical adventure. It’s about friendship and families, sleigh bells and Santa, singing elves and flying reindeer, music and magic. It’s about discovering your heart’s true desire, and learning that the impossible might just be possible.
- Tom advised that the book was aimed at children from around 7 plus, as it is his first novel (unlike some of his previous books). However, he felt that adults would enjoy it too and that all children would buy in to the magic of the story.
- It was completely and utterly penned by himself (no ghost writers) and all of the ideas came from inside his head. That – he explained – may be worrying lol 🙂
- Judging by the back cover, featuring a wheelchair in the snow – there will be some positive messages in the book that go beyond the traditional Christmas story.
- He hinted that you will laugh, and potentially even cry in parts!
- When asked if there would be a book tour- he answered with a resounding yes, and said more details would follow about where and how people could meet him regarding the book launch.
- He was asked if there would be toys – to which he replied I would LOVE there to be toys … so not a definite yes, but a potential follow on from the book! 🙂
You can watch the whole adorable video of Tom and hear full details of his book on his Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/officialtomfletcher/
I for one, can’t wait to read this, and despite Erin only being 3 at Christmas, will be popping this in her Christmas Eve box for sure! 🙂 #notsureifitsforherorme 🙂 x