REVIEW & GIVEAWAY – Play Like Mum Silver Cross Dolls Prams
Since Erin has become a big sister, I have definitely seen the arrival of her more maternal side. She loves playing with her dolls and has started to show a real caring demeanour, giving them lots of cuddles and comforting them to ‘sleep’ during imaginative play.
We had a very basic pushchair when Erin was younger, so when we were offered the chance to review one of the new Play Like Mum Silver Cross Dolls Prams, I literally jumped at the chance. I showed Erin the design and asked her which colour she would prefer (from a choice of grey and pink) and her reaction was a “WOW! THATS AMAZING! PINK PLEASE!!!”.
About the Product
The Play Like Mum Silver Cross Sleepover Travel System Dolls Pram retails at £89.99 and looks just like the real Silver Cross Sleepover pram, even down to the tiny finishing details, so little ones really can feel just like Mum (or Dad!) when pushing along their own baby.
The pram can be used both forward and rearward facing pram, with the carry cot easily converting to a forward or rearward facing pushchair as required.
The Carry Cot can be removed from the frame so your child can play with the baby or act out sleepy scenes away from the wheels and basket should they wish.
The pram itself is made from super soft padded and quilted fabric, with trim and ribbon details as well as the Silver Cross branding across the cover. It features soft-grip handles, a retractable hood, and a useful, removable shopping tray, perfect for helping with all those shopping trips! 🙂
When not in use, the Silver Cross Travel System Dolls pram folds down for easy storage. When assembled, the handle height is around 54-87cm in height (adjustable depending on the age / height of child).
My first impressions were really positive. The Silver Cross Sleepover Travel System Dolls pram comes boxed up and requires assembly but this was super easy to do, with all the pieces simply clicking into place. If you read my reviews regularly you will know that I normally avoid tasks like this, but on this occasion, I didn’t need to ask for help! (yay me!)
I was really impressed with the quality – it really does look very similar to a real life version, with high quality fabrics and finish, and the branding and little details really making it stand out from the crowd.
Erin was so excited when she saw the Play Like Mum Silver Cross Sleepover Travel System Dolls Pram and couldn’t wait to take it out for a stroll, asking if we could go out for a venture to the park. Despite the fact it was freezing cold we wrapped up warm and went out for a bit of a wander, her pushing along Dolly by my side!
As Erin is fairly petite, we had handle bar bent down to it’s minimum height, and the fact it was adjustable was a real positive, as she has previously struggled with being a little on the shorter side for her age. The handle bar does protrude quite far away from the pram, and at times she did wish she could get closer to the carry cot itself in order to see her baby inside. Due to the handlebar restricting her access a little she tended to go around the side to peer in instead. Her steering left a little to be desired at times, but once she got the hang of it she was off on her mission and marching through the park like her life depended on it!
I loved the fact that the pushchair could be swapped between carrycot and sitting mode, and this was relatively straightforward to do, although it did require an adults help, and Erin would not have been able to do this on her own. To change between the two you simply use the press studs to squash and fix the straps in place, before pressing the buttons on the side and twisting the chassy to convert it to an upright position.
The attention to detail is a real positive – the product is well made and high quality, and little elements such as the bow on the hood and the quilting on the cover, really make this product different from others we have seen.
The storage basket is huge (much bigger than on my own pushchair it has to be said!) and as such, it was really handy for when we were walking back from the shops, as Erin could pop a couple of items in her pushchair and help me with some of the load! 🙂 A school bag or book bag could easily be popped underneath for the walk back from school.
Overall Erin was as pleased as punch with the Play Like Mum Silver Cross Sleepover Travel System and took her role as Mum very seriously!
If you are looking for a high quality dolls travel system that is a little different from the norm and will grow up with your child, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this.
- Attention to detail – really does look like the original – little features including the Silver Cross branding and rosette.
- Alternates between carry cot and sitting pushchair style
- Available in two colours – loved the grey option as a non cliché girl colour but Erin is a big lover of the pink!
- Carry basket meant that Erin could help with transporting shopping back from the supermarket on our walks through the park! 🙂 She felt like a proper grown up and just like Mum!
- Got lots of admiring “Awwww” looks on our trip back from Asda! 🙂
- Height – if you have a younger child or they are on the petite side they may find the handle on this particular pram a little high – the other items in the range are perhaps a little more suited.
- At £89.99 there are obviously cheaper alternatives on the market, however I honestly do feel this is a case of “you get what you pay for”. The price is reflective of the fact that this is a high quality product with a genuine similarity to the reallife version of the Silver Cross travel system, and as such, I feel that the price is good value for the product received.
- It has to be said – whilst I have no criticism of the product itself, I do find it sad that there are no images of boys anywhere on the website for this range – as lets face it, there is no reason why boys couldn’t enjoy this product just as much as girls. The brand name itself whilst I understand the sentiment of children wanting to be just like their mothers, is a little bit 1950’s and some parents may be uncomfortable with the message this implies. That said, the product itself is lovely, and I am sure both little boys and little girls would be over the moon to find it under the tree this Christmas.
Want to win your own?
We have on Play Like Mum Silver Cross Sleepover Travel System Dolls pram in Eton Grey to giveaway in time for it to appear under your tree this Christmas!! Enter using the Gleam App below.
Terms and Conditions:
There will be one winner of a Play Like Mum Silver Cross Sleepover Travel System Dolls pram in Eton Grey.
The giveaway opens on the 23rd November 2017 and closes on Sunday 10th December at 11.59pm.
Our standard giveaway terms and conditions apply (click to read in full). By entering this giveaway you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions of entry.
*Disclosure -I was sent a Play Like Mum Silver Cross Travel System Dolls Pram free of charge for the purpose of this review, however, as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.*